Simon Malkiel > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Simon Malkiel advises UK and international high-net-worth individuals, families and trustees on tax and succession planning, wealth structuring and asset protection. He heads up the Trust, Tax and Estate Planning team.
Simon acts for a growing and diverse client base of high-net-worth clients including entrepreneurs, business owners, real estate investors, and individuals in the sports, entertainment, and art sectors.
He advises both domestic UK clients and those with an international dimension to their affairs such as UK resident non-domiciled taxpayers, foreign clients with UK assets (particularly UK homes or other real estate holdings), or those coming to or leaving the UK.
His practice focuses primarily on estate and succession planning, inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning and mitigation, residence and domicile advice and related UK tax issues, asset protection and wealth structuring advice, and UK and offshore trusts and other structures.
Simon guides clients through the preparation of wills, typically incorporating trusts for tax/succession planning purposes, as well as to cater for complex family situations, and lasting powers of attorney.
Simon is dual-qualified, being both a solicitor and a Chartered Tax Adviser.
Liz Palmer leads a ‘very experienced’ team at Howard Kennedy LLP that advises wealthy families, entrepreneurs, property owners and artists/performers about how to manage family wealth across the generations. Simon Malkiel heads the trusts, tax and estate planning team. John Annetts is another key member of the group who heads the administration of estates team. It has been adding to the ranks at a senior level too with the addition of Melissa Doorman who provides family governance advice to families and their businesses. Reshmi Manekporia is particularly recognised for her experience in Sharia-based wealth planning.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport