Specialist shipping and maritime firm Del Rosario & Del Rosario advises shipowners and P&I clubs on labour law issues, collisions, oil pollution and spills, bill of lading disputes, ship acquisitions and sales and ship registrations. Highlights in 2019 included Joseph Rebano's representation of West Pandi in the successful lifting of detention of the client's vessel, which had been detained due to alleged violations of environmental and customs regulations of river sand transport. Ruben Del Rosario and Arturo Del Rosario are the practice heads.
Shipping in Philippines
- Acted for West Pandi in lifting the detention of the company’s vessel, which had been detained due to alleged violations of environmental and customs regulations.
- Assisted JPIA with the release of a vessel detained due to alleged unlawful ship to ship transfer of cargo.
SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan's shipping practice spans contentious and non-contentious work; in particular, it advises on the possibility of arresting vessels for foreign claims, the establishment of shipping companies in the Philippines, and shipping-related disputes that involve marine insurance, maritime fraud, charter parties, bills of lading, freight and cargo claims, among other areas. Outside of the maritime sector, the team advises clients in the construction, aerospace, transport and tech industries. Domingo Castillo is a name to note; he is an expert in maritime law, insurance, international trade and customs.
7107 Islands Shipping Corporation
All Seas Marine SA
Berwin and Leighton Paisner LLP
Delta Meco Crewing Services, Inc.
El Victor Limited Ship and Crew Managers
Hanjin Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Inc.
Harbor Star Shipping Services, Inc.
Keppel Subic Shipyard, Inc.
Keppel Philippines, Inc.
Tsuneshi Shipyards, Inc.
- Provides advice to the in rem defendant and two in personam defendants in a complaint against a Papua New Guinea-flagged fishing vessel.
- Advised a financial institution on the Philippine registration and de-registration procedure of dual-flagged vessels used as security in relation to a financing transaction.
The highly experienced maritime department at VeraLaw (Del Rosario Raboca Gonzales Grasparil) acts for leading shipping and navigation companies, and many of its clients have been working with the firm for several decades. Valeriano Del Rosario is a specialist in shipping casualty and also advises on bill of lading and charter party disputes, while Daphne Ruby Grasparil is regularly instructed to defend against seafarer’s personal injury claims, where she acts for major P&I clubs. Roberto Paolo Suarez is a key contact at the associate level.
Other key lawyers:
NSUNITED Marine Philippines Inc.
Leonis Navigation Co., Inc.
Dalisay Shipping Corporation
Sandigan Ship Services, Inc.
SDV Maritime COrporation
Knutsen Philippines, Inc.
Ortega Bacorro Odulio Calma & Carbonell has a strong focus on maritime law, advising shipowners and shipping companies on wet and dry shipping matters, both contentious and non-contentious. Elizer Odulio specialises in labour law and often advises the firm's maritime-sector clients (and others) on employment matters. Pedro Carbonell, Benjamin Bacorro and Gregorio Ortega are key practitioners.
- The firm represents shipowners from P&I clubs in cases filed for shipping claims.