AAA Law‘s enviable client roster comprises major brands such as Giorgio Armani, Unilever and McDonalds. The team’s workload spans trade marks, designs, copyright and patent law, with expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters. Complementing his IP expertise, managing partner Giedrė Domkutė is also knowledgeable about related areas, such as franchising and licensing. Trade marks and designs are a particular forte of Aušra Pakėnienė, who assists with registrations and opposition at both Lithuanian and European level. Jurga Petniunaite is a European patent attorney who is skilled in patent registration, protection and restoration of lost patent rights. The team has also been recently strengthened with the addition of Mantas Rimkevičius from Ellex.
Intellectual property in Lithuania
Other key lawyers:
‘Quick response, personal and deep involvement of partners and understanding of customer needs and activities, excellent price-performance ratio, professional and open cooperation;’
‘The above-mentioned qualities and work culture are attributed to the partners: Giedrė Domkutė; Ausra Pakeniene; Jurga Petniunaite all our partners of the group of companies are happy with the cooperation.’
‘Personal attention to the client, informal, warm touch.’
‘Very professional team. Swift reaction to all requests. Client-oriented.’
Kaunas Technological University
Vilnius Tech university
EIGE (European institute for Gender equality)
Airport Hotels Fund
- Advised VVA Brussels on legal studies regarding trade mark and trade secret directives.
- Advised several SPVs owned by the Airport Hotels Fund on hotel franchise agreement with the global hospitality brand Hilton and its execution in all stages of negotiation with the international hotel operator Apex Alliance Hotel Management.
- Advised Paysera in a court dispute related to the infringement of the rights of the trade mark, domain and legal name of the company owner.
Cobalt is a leading firm in the market for patent litigation, most recently assisting big names such as Novartis and Bayer with infringement disputes. The team also has experience of handling contentious matters involving trade mark and copyright law, particularly in relation to infringements and oppositions. Practice head Žilvinas Kvietkus is an expert in life sciences and pharmaceutical law matters. Managing associate Julija Beldeninovienė, who has a similar focus on pharmaceutical law, is another name to note.
Other key lawyers:
‘Brilliant legal knowledge=,= as well as great commitment to the client’s needs.’
‘Kvietkus and his team are always within reach with open ears and minds.’
‘Excellent service, quick response, easy to work with.’
DPD Lietuva, UAB
UAB MERCK SHARP & DOHME
Bayer Cropsience AG
Bayer Intellectual Property GmbH
Novartis Pharma AG
Švaros broliai, UAB
Amadeus IT Group, S.A
SATA GmbH & CO. KG
- Advised DPD Lietuva on a dispute before the State Patent Bureau regarding cancellation or revocation of the trademark initiated due to the request of another parcel delivery company to cease using its trademark.
- Advised Novartis International AG in respect of the request to grant a cross-border PI against Mylan’s generic deferasirox product in the patent/SPC infringement proceedings in the Netherlands.
- Advised Bayer Intellectual Property GmbH on complex issues related to the potential patents infringement litigation.
Ellex is a strong choice for advice on trade mark and copyright disputes, with its recent workload including cases involving infringement allegations and opposition proceedings. The team is also known to assist international tech giants with general advisory matters that interface with Lithuanian and EU IP law. Litigator Ąžuolas Čekanavičius, who heads the practice, is notably active in IP and media law disputes. Mantas Rimkevičius has joined AAA Law, while Vytautas Mizaras is now a judge.
‘The team includes results-oriented, high level professionals.’
‘Professionalism, attention to details, quality follow-ups are the main features of Ellex’s associate partner Azuolas Cekanavicius.’
‘The power of the team is its diversity, meaning that all available expertise is there, and it’s just a matter of the person, who will be invited to join to make sure the goal is reached.’
‘Competent people with a business orientation, great quality and speedy work for a fair price.’
‘I have worked with 3 attorneys from the IP department and they all demonstrated a high professional ethics, hands-on people with business and practical orientation, great availability and timeliness (even with short deadlines!), and most of all with great human qualities and soft skills like humbleness, politeness and positivity.’
Baltic Management Institute
Bright Data, Ltd
Central Project Management Agency
Coca-Cola HBC Lietuva, UAB
Cult Beauty, Ltd
General Motors LLC
Green Genius Lithuania, UAB
Gren Holding Company B.V.
Laboratoires Bouchara Recordati
LSU Sport University
MONABANQ S. A
Olympic Entertainment Group AS
Seduva Jewish Memorial Fund
SIA Food Management
Svyturys – Utenos alus, UAB
- Advised Gren Holding Company B.V. on negotiating company’s IT contracts package with Sofigate and various subcontractors.
- Advised Bright Data on a defamation and infringement of sui generis rights case against the plaintiff Teso LT.
- Advised Svyturys on a case against the Drug, Tobacco and Alcohol Control Department of the Republic of Lithuania (the DTACD) regarding the use of the client’s trade marks and non-alcoholic beer product design.
METIDA Law Firm Zaboliene and Partners
METIDA Law Firm Zaboliene and Partners, which is a specialist IP firm, has been particularly active in advising on trade mark infringements and anti-counterfeiting measures, and it also demonstrates strong capabilities in patent law matters. Managing partner and European patent attorney Reda Zaboliene works with Jacekas Antulis, who is a chief patent law officer and focuses on patents pertaining to mechanics, electronics and IT. Also recommended is Erikas Saukalas, whose IP expertise is complemented by knowledge of related fields such as media and advertising law. Patent attorney and mediator Inga Lukauskiene is another key individual.
Other key lawyers:
JSC „West pharma East“
AB Pieno Zvaigzdes
- Advised the European Pallet Association on taking action against counterfeit wooden pallets bearing plaintiff’s trademark imported from Belarus.
- Advised Ferrari on taking action against a chewing gum bearing its name.
- Advised Hasbro on taking action against counterfeit toys.
Sorainen’s IP team attracts mandates from household name clients such as Google and Spotify, and it has a well-established reputation advising on all aspects of trade mark, patent and copyright law. In addition to being sought after for IP advice, Daivis Švirinas is able to assist with life sciences and competition issues. Stasys Drazdauskas has expertise in digital copyright and domain name issues.
National Stock Car Auto Racing Association UAB
Sandoz Pharmaceuticals d.d. filialas
Thermo Fisher Scientific Baltics UAB
Vilnius International Film Festival Kino pavasaris
Topo grupe UAB 15min UB
About You GmbH
Švaros broliai UAB
- Advised About You on a trade mark infringement dispute against a knitwear company.
- Advised Spotify on the statute of limitations regarding copyrights.
- Advised Švaros broliai on franchise agreements.
TGS Baltic advises on trade mark and copyright issues, focusing on litigation, contractual issues and general portfolio management. The team is led by Mindaugas Civilka , who has particular strengths in matters involving the IT sector, and recently-promoted partner Indrė Barauskienė, who also heads the firm’s retail and wholesale industry group. Lina Darulienė, who has been assisting Philip Morris with trade mark issues, is another name to note.
‘TGS knows both the law and our business. It helps a lot, that we do not need to explain them in detail what we do, and why we do. This saves time and gives confidence to us that we are in good hands. Moreover, the legal team that is led by Mindaugas Civilka always provides commercially useful and practical advice rather than trying to lawyer-it-up.’
‘Time of response is key in our business and TGS are always available. We appreciated that we had a dedicated associate partner Indrė Barauskiene for complex copyright and trade mark case, who was always available and ready to consult us on short term basis and was always suggesting out of the box options.’
‘TGS Baltic team that we have been working with has a very in-depth understanding of both how our business works and all the mine fields of IP law – therefore is always able to give quick and straight to the point legal advice.’
‘Associate partner Indrė Barauskienė is a very quick, sharp and professional advisor, and we really appreciate her valuable insights and observations.’
Maxima Grupė, UAB and Franmax, UAB
Vilnius Academy of Arts
Zyro Inc UAB
Nordic Entertainment Group Sweden AB
UAB Philip Morris Baltic
The Lithuanian Public Broadcaster (LRT)
Vilniaus Šilumos Tinklai (VST) and Vilnius City Municipality
The Lithuanian post (Lietuvos pastas)
- Advised MAXIMA GRUPĖ on action filed against the former CEOs and members of the Board of related companies and a company registered in Belarus, Mart Inn Food.
- Advised UAB Philip Morris in court against the Drug, Tobacco and Alcohol Control Department regarding the use of the trademark of IQOS tobacco heating system.
- Advised Headex in a dispute with software developer UAB Labbis regarding creation of specific software for Headex to calculate complex employment payments for employees who were seconded to foreign countries.
Triniti Jurex Law Firm has broad expertise across trademark and patent law, focusing on both contentious and non-contentious matters. The team acts for both local and international clients and recently advised FIFA on trade mark issues surrounding the 2021 FIFA Futsal World Cup, which took place in Lithuania. Managing partner Vilija Viešūnaitė heads the group and as both a patent attorney and European patent attorney is highly skilled in advising on matters at both local and European levels. Aurelija Rutkauskaitė is also a patent and focuses heavily on IP litigation.
Other key lawyers:
Alvo prekyba, UAB
Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA)
Acorus calamus, UAB
Lietuvos paštas, AB
Zhongce Rubber Group Company Limited
Schiedel GmbH & Co. KG
Axioma metering, UAB
Alma Littera Publishing House
- Acts as an everyday adviser to the emerging startup company Deeper in relation toits trademark and design filing strategy.
- Advised Alvo prekyba on registering trade marks in Lithuania, the other Baltic countries and other EU nations.
- Acted as the consultant of FIFA for the trademark to be used in the 2021 FIFAFutsal World Cup that will take place in Lithuania.
Eversheds Saladžius (a member of Eversheds Sutherland) primarily focuses on trade marks and designs, with expertise in handling infringements, registrations, domain names and commercial agreements. The team is also skilled in patent work; patent attorney Rimtis Puišys is a name to note in this space. She leads the team alongside senior associate Tomas Jakubauskas, who has expertise in IP-related agreements.
‘Mr. Tomas Jakubauskas helped us with everything: information, documentation, management, etc. We were very happy with his help.’
Vilniaus metrologijos centras
Eckstein Farben Besitz- und Verwaltungs GmbH & Co. KG
International Women’s Association of Vilnius
Lietuvos Junior Achievement
Legero Schuhfabrik GmbH
- Acted for Vilniaus metrologijoscentras before the Lithuanian appeal court regarding infringement of trade mark’s rights, copyrights, unfaircompetition and damages.
- Acted for Medaus Magija before the Lithuanian appeal court regarding infringement of design rights and copyrights.
- Advised Eckstein Farben Besitzund Verwaltungs GmbH& Co. KG on a trade mark infringement and unfair compeition case.
GLIMSTEDT Bernotas & Partners
GLIMSTEDT Bernotas & Partners' recent work included advising the Lithuanian National Olympic Committee on IP issues in preparation for the Tokyo Olympic games; this mandate is reflective of the firm's expertise in advising on trade mark, copyright and licensing issues. Team head Giedrė Rimkūnaitė-Manke advises on IP, as well as related areas such as IT and data protection.
Other key lawyers:
Rūta Lazauskaitė; Raminta Bučiūtė
‘Responds very quickly to a situation.’
‘’We are simply very happy having them as our partners as there are so many different legal issues we are facing. Glimstedt Bernotas & Partners have so many professionals under one roof that there is never a need to do any outsourcing.’
‘Giedrė Rimkūnaitė-Manke and Raminta Bučiūtė stand out for us possibly due to the fact that they are the two most contacted people from Glimstedt Bernotas & Partners by us, working on most of our cases and proving every single time their professionalism and what is most important – timely reacting.’
Lithuanian National Olympic Committee and Lithuanian Olympic Fund
UAB „Theatrical Film Distribution“
Vastint Lithuania, UAB
Our Pocket Hero, MB
Vaistinė Plius, UAB
Various startup’s, entrepreneurs, young businesses
- Advises Lithuanian National Olympic Committee in protection of the Olympic Properties in Lithuania.
- Represents Dansu in film production matters.
- Continuously represents Narbutas group in development of new IT solutions and protection of its intellectual property.
LEADELL Balciunas ir Grajauskas
LEADELL Balciunas ir Grajauskas is highly experienced in trade mark disputes, particularly in cases involving the financial services and technology sectors. Managing partner Marius Grajauskas leads the practice and often advises on contentious IP issues.
BKU “Nacionalinė kredito unija“
BKU “Vilniaus taupomoji kasa”
- Defended UAB “Eoltas” in a trade mark infringement case.
- Represented BKU “Nacionalinė kredito unija“in a dispute over the illegal use of the trade mark “Valstiečių laikraštis” owned by the Client.
- Representing BKU “Vilniaus taupomoji kasa” interests in a dispute regarding damage related to the illegal registration and use of the client’s trade mark.
WINT Law Firm
Established in 2018, WINT Law Firm is a growing name in the market and within this sphere is highly skilled in digital matters such as illegal streaming, domain name disputes and data protection issues. Andrius Iškauskas, who specialises in IP and IT law, leads the practice. Senior associate Rugilė Gediminskaitė, who joined from TGS Baltic in 2021, is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Rugilė Gediminskaitė; Greta Roguckytė
‘The members of the team have lots of experience in intellectual property and understand the ecosystem.’
‘Partner Andrius Iškauskas offered very practical advice and explained the situation clearly.’
Motion Pictures Association of America
Diginet LTU, UAB
Lietuvos nacionalinis radijas ir televizija
Eddy Travels, UAB
- Advised LATGA and AGATA – two main national collecting societies – in the process of implementation of the new Single Market Directive (i.e. Directive (EU) 2019/790) into the national law.
- Advised MPA – an American trade organization representing the five major film studios of the United States, as well as the video streaming service Netflix – in their mission to enforce rightsholders rights and shut down illegal internet content.
- Advised EstateGuru on obtaining access to public mortgage and real estate databases and lawfully using the obtained data in their property-backed business loans activities.