A.G. Erotocritou LLC is actively engaged in all aspects of legal work pertaining to the real estate sector. Our team provides advice to real estate companies and developers, private and public bodies, private individuals, investors, lenders, contractors and property-owning institutions and assists and advises in the purchase and sale of both commercial and residential property and of other development projects. The firm undertakes a multiplicity of functions which cover all aspects relating to and associated with immovable property transactions, including, inter alia, the following:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts of sale for residential or commercial properties
- Advice and assistance with property management agreements, multi-party agreements and complex contracts relating to major property developments
- Advice on financing matters
- Undertaking of property due diligence exercises
- Advice on town planning and zoning rules
- Advice on long – term leasing and subleasing matters
- Advice on public procurement and concessions
- Advice on real estate structures
- Due diligence on real estate assets / Investigating the status of immovable property and the seller
In addition to the above, our firm is able to undertake all requisite due diligence initiatives that may be necessitated to determine the impact of charges, environmental restrictions, planning/building limitations etc. in relation to any immovable property transactions undertaken. Furthermore, A.G. Erotocritou LLC may effectively institute or defend court proceedings on behalf of its clients in the event that any real estate matter or dispute should culminate in litigation.
In safeguarding clients’ best interests, effective channels of communication are diligently maintained by A.G. Erotocritou LLC with all key players who are directly or indirectly involved in the real estate sphere. This might entail ongoing contact with lawyers, developers, estate agents, investors, government departments (land registry, planning department, council of ministers, inland revenue), municipal/utility authorities and others. In addition, we support clients throughout the transaction, from A to Z, including the attendance and handling of all processes with the local Land Registry, Tax Department and other governmental organisations. In conjunction with our tax department, we provide to our clients tailor made optimized tax solutions in order to achieve the best and most cost effective results in each occasion.
A.G. Erotocritou LLC’s real estate department has been consistently praised and ranked by legal directories (ranked as “tier 2” by the 2018 Legal 500 directory), being described as a “commercially aware” team, which provides “very personalised service“.