Charlie Reid > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
4 MORE LONDON RIVERSIDE
- Go to...
Banking and financial services.
Charlie is a finance lawyer based in London. He has extensive experience advising lenders (banks, development finance institutions, funds and other alternative lenders) and borrowers in developed and emerging markets (including within Africa).
He has advised across multiple sectors (including infrastructure, real estate, transport, energy, technology, pharmaceuticals, mining, commodities, retail and entertainment) on a broad range of finance transactions including corporate lending, real estate finance, acquisition finance, infrastructure and other project finance, private equity and funds finance, asset-based lending, trade finance, private placements and restructurings.
Trained SJ Berwin LLP 2001 to 2003; qualified September 2003; associate, SJ Berwin LLP 2003; senior associate, Morrison & Foerster LLP 2006; senior associate, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP 2014; partner, Bond Dickinson May 2016; partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP on combination in 2017.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP acts for UK clearing banks, alternative banks, and borrowers on development and investment loans regarding leisure centres, retail, trade parks and student accommodation. Charlie Reid leads the practice, while other notable individuals include Nicola Giddens and Will Fraser; Giddens, who has almost 20 years’ experience, advises predominantly UK-based lenders, and Fraser assists clients investing into the UK.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Health and safety
- Transport > Rail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency