Shaun Tame > Dentons > Milton Keynes, England > Lawyer Profile
170 MIDSUMMER BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Energy, Transport and Infrastructure
Shaun is a counsel in the construction and engineering law group and is based in our Milton Keynes Office. He specialises in non-contentious construction law. In this context he advises clients in connection with procurements, drafting and negotiating building contracts (such as JCT and NEC), professional appointments, sub-contracts, and ancillary documentation such as collateral warranties, bonds and guarantees. He advises on the construction aspects of related contract documentation such as development agreements/agreements for leases, licences for works and funding agreements. He acts for developers, funders and contractors as well as owners and end users. He is familiar with the range of procurement methods including design and build, traditional and construction management. He advises in connection with one-off contracts as well as framework and call-off contracts and partnering arrangements. He also advises clients with regard to the management of contentious or potentially contentious issues which arise during or after projects.
- Managing Associate – Dentons (2012 to date)
- Consultant – Browne Jacobson (2012)
- Partner – Browne Jacobson (2007-2011)
- Senior Associate – Pinsent Masons (2004-2006)
- Legal Counsel and Company Secretary – Red-M Communicatons Limited (2003-2004)
- Managing Associate – Linklaters (2001-2002)
- Associate – Reynolds Porter Chamberlain (1994-2000)
- Lawyer – Jaques and Lewis (1987-1993)
- Trainee Lawyer – Philippsohns (1985-1987)
University of Cambridge, 1984, MA
Dentons‘ Milton Keynes-based construction practice handles non-contentious work for clients including supermarkets and banks as well as property developers. The team provides advice from the beginnings of a project through to its completion, assisting with drafting and negotiating contracts, due diligence, and the day-to-day complexities of construction work. Since the departure of Jane Miles in May 2021, the team is led at the national level by Mark Macaulay, who splits his time between the firm’s London and Glasgow offices. Shaun Tame is a senior team member in the Thames Valley, where he handles a range of procurement and contract issues. Senior associate Tasmyn Brittlebank is also recommended, with experience in the construction aspects of broader real estate transactions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport