Mark Hamilton > Dentons > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
1 GEORGE SQUARE
- Go to...
Employment, Pensions and Immigration
Mark is a partner in Dentons’ Employment and Labor practice. He has specialised in employment law since 1995. He advises on all aspects of employment law including Executive contracts and severances, TUPE transfers, collective employee relations, large restructuring and redundancy programmes, negotiation and termination of contracts and unfair dismissals. He is recognized as having both top class technical legal knowledge and an extremely pragmatic approach whether he is providing strategic advice or guiding clients through a complex dispute. He has nurtured long standing relationships with a number of significant clients of the Firm in a wide variety of sectors, both public and private, with a particular focus on the Food & Beverage and Finance sectors. This is a testament not only to this knowledge but also to his ability to understand their businesses and to give clear, practical and effective advice which focuses on achieving the client’s objectives. In employment matters he strives to achieve the client’s aims with the minimum of disruption but also represents them in both the Employment Tribunal and the EAT when required, whether in Scotland or England. Over the years he has dealt with hundreds of unfair/constructive dismissal and wrongful dismissal claims.
Mark combines his employment law practice with an ever growing practice in employment related pensions advice such as steering clients through updating their pension scheme’s governing documentation and advising and negotiating pensions claims. He also advises on pensions aspects of TUPE transfers, severance arrangements and public sector outsourcing arrangements. Mark has advised on many different restructuring arrangements, including several in the public sector which involved voluntary severance arrangements and enhanced benefits under public sector pension schemes (such as the LGPS and Scottish Teachers Superannuation Scheme).
Trained Pairman Miller & Murray; qualified 1988; assistant, litigation department Alex Morrison & Co 1988-91; joined Maclay Murray & Spens 1991, litigation department; associate 1994; partner Maclay Murray & Spens 1998. Worked exclusively in employment since 1995, and in employment and pensions from 2005.
Employment Lawyers Association.
Edinburgh University (1985 LLB (Hons); 1986 Dip LP).
Mountaineering; skiing; kayaking.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment