Douglas Blyth > Dentons > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
1 GEORGE SQUARE
- Go to...
Litigation and Arbitration
Douglas is a partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice in the Glasgow office. He is a Solicitor Advocate (with extended rights of audience) and has extensive experience of all manner of commercial disputes before courts and tribunals of all levels in Scotland.
Douglas has particular expertise in insolvency disputes, having acted in connection with some of the largest and highest profile insolvencies in Scotland, including several with significant cross-border elements. He also has significant experience of acting on both sides of shareholder and boardroom disputes.
Public procurement disputes also form a particularly noteworthy part of Douglas’s practice, having pursued a large number of such challenges on behalf of a wide range of businesses, including the first challenge to be considered by the Supreme Court under the Scottish Regulations.
Law Society of Scotland, Scotland
Dentons has a focus on insolvency transaction work and handles matters that straddle English and Scots law, with support from its network of offices. It acts for insolvency practitioners and directors and purchasers of distressed companies in relation to restructuring and insolvency matters. Douglas Blyth and Derek McCombe head up the team; Blyth is recommended for contentious insolvency matters and disputes; and McCombe handles corporate restructurings and insolvencies.
Dentons handles various commercial disputes arising from contractual arrangements and has recently been particularly active in the public, energy, transport, food and drink and financial services sectors. Handling insolvency-related disputes, often with cross-border elements, is an area of particular expertise for team head and solicitor advocate Douglas Blyth, who is also experienced in shareholder and boardroom disputes. Aberdeen-based Malcolm Gunnyeon is a key contact for oil and gas alongside transport sector clients.
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - Scotland > Finance
- Commercial litigation - Scotland > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment