Fiona S MacGregor > Dentons > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
1 GEORGE SQUARE
- Go to...
Fiona S MacGregor
Litigation and Arbitration
Fiona is a counsel in Dentons’ Glasgow office. She is a member of the Disputes, Regulatory and Investigations practice group. Fiona is also a Solicitor Advocate with extended rights of audience in Scotland’s civil courts and has represented clients before the Court of Session, Sheriff Appeal Court, Sheriff Court, Scottish Land Court, Lands Tribunal for Scotland and also at public hearings and inquiries.
Fiona’s focus is on property disputes and she has a strong track record in complex property litigation. Her practice spans a wide range of issues including: recovery of arrears; rent reviews; termination of leases; recovery of possession; notice disputes; keep open obligations; dilapidations; consent not to be unreasonably withheld; insolvent tenants; disputes concerning issues of construction/interpretation; rectification; title disputes; variation and discharge of title conditions; encroachment; servitudes; wayleaves; nuisance; electronic communications code; and schemes for development under crofting legislation.
Fiona is also experienced in planning and environmental disputes. She regularly represents clients in hearings and inquiries before the Department of Planning and Environmental Appeals and in subsequent statutory appeals and judicial review. Fiona has advised on various aspects of compulsory purchase.
In addition to her knowledge of the law and court process, Fiona regularly advises clients on alternative forms of dispute resolution, including the use of expert determinations, arbitration and mediation.
Solicitor, Law Society of Scotland, 2003
Higher Rights of Audience (Civil), 2018
Glasgow Graduate School Of Law, 2022, Diploma in Legal Practice
University of Glasgow, 2001, LLB (Hons), French Legal Studies
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment