David Horne > Addleshaw Goddard > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
19 CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial.
David specialises in corporate and commercial law, particularly corporate finance, acquisitions and disposals, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial contracts and private equity deals. He has experience of a wide range of industry sectors, including metals, real estate, manufacturing, sports, energy, IT and outsourcing. Having worked in-house for over 18 years as director and group company secretary for Murray International Holdings, David also has a good understanding of other areas of legal practice, including employment and real estate, and provides ‘real life’ business expertise to clients.
Trained McKay & Norwell WS; qualified 1987; associate Burness Solicitors, Edinburgh 1989-93; director and group company secretary Murray International Holdings Ltd, Edinburgh 1992-2011; partner HBJ Gateley 2011 to date.
Daniel Stewart’s and Melville College, Edinburgh; University of Aberdeen (1985 LLB Hons 1st; DipLP).
Music (plays guitar in a rock band), hillwalking, skiing, football, rugby, literature, the arts.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment