Mr Andrew Walker > Addleshaw Goddard > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
19 CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Mr Andrew Walker
Corporate and commercial.
Andrew is very experienced in general transactional corporate work, including acquisitions, disposals, buyouts and equity investments, and commercial contracts of a wide variety. He also has significant experience advising on intellectual property matters, particularly in the context of deals or commercial contracts, and UK and EU competition law issues. Andrew has a specific interest in assisting high-growth business, often but not exclusively in the technology and food and drink sectors. He has been a key adviser for many years to a global leading provider of wrap platforms for financial and wealth management markets, supporting their national and global growth. Andrew is a Notary Public and Writer to the Signet
Trained Bird Semple Fyfe, Ireland; qualified 1994; stagiaire European Commission, Brussels 1994-95; associate lawyer Coudert Brother, Brussels 1995-96; assistant lawyer Dickson Minto W.S., Edinburgh 1996-97; assistant lawyer then associate HBJ Gateley 1997-2002, partner 2002 to date.
Law Society of Scotland; Merchant Company of Edinburgh; board member Leith Chamber of Commerce.
George Watson’s College, Edinburgh; University of Aberdeen (LLB Hons with options in French); University of Edinburgh (DipLP); College of Europe, Bruges (Masters in European Legal Studies).
Addleshaw Goddard‘s recent work has related to Ofwat’s increased focus on alternative funding models for financing new water infrastructure. Its team has notable expertise in Direct Procurement of Customers (DPC), which is a new project finance model. Elsewhere, the group is sought after for assistance with a myriad of complex environmental, procurement and corporate issues. Joanne Holbrook advises on environmental compliance, major infrastructure projects and regulatory investigations. David Shaw is the national head of the group, which includes competition and regulatory expert Rona Bar-Isaac, as well as managing associate Mark Crane. Andrew Walker leads the group in Scotland.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment