Mr David Kirchin > Addleshaw Goddard > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
19 CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Mr David Kirchin
David leads the corporate team in Scotland and is also a central figure in the development of the firm’s new Aberdeen office. He has significant experience in corporate and banking work, including M&A, investment, corporate finance and acquisition finance. David has a broad range of clients, including banks, private companies, equity investors and SMEs, and has particular expertise in the oil and gas sector, particularly advising service companies. Prior to joining the firm, David worked as in-house counsel at BP in Aberdeen. He continues to work in a quasi-general counsel role with a number of the firm’s key clients. David is noted by Chambers to be “extremely impressive; calm and relaxed and very knowledgeable”.
Trained Henderson Boyd Jackson; solicitor Henderson Boyd Jackson, Edinburgh 1997-2000; legal adviser BP Exploration, Aberdeen 2000-02; partner HBJ Gateley 2002 to date.
Law Society of Scotland.
Aberdeen Grammar School; Dollar Academy; University of Edinburgh (1994 LLB Hons; 1995 DipLP); Riiksuniversiteit, Leiden, The Netherlands.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Addleshaw Goddard leverages its UK-wide and international network to support on an array of local, national and cross-border transactions. David Kirchin, a private equity expert, leads the practice and possesses an extensive knowledge of the energy, retail, consumer and financial services sectors; his team is also reputed for its equity capital markets and corporate real estate work and is instructed on a wealth of M&A, including technology, construction and housebuilding-related deals. Murray Jack ‘always focuses on the bigger picture’, catering to clients from the transport, healthcare and life sciences industries, among others.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Employment > Employment