Malcolm Macfarlane > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Malcolm is a consultant and has worked as a solicitor in the City of London for over 30 years and has extensive experience in a broad range of commercial property work including the acquisition, development and management of office blocks, shopping centres, industrial estates, residential developments and pubs and hotels, acting for office retail industrial and pub occupiers, funding agreements, rent sharing agreements and joint venture agreements, VAT and capital allowances and lease advisory including lease renewals, rent review repair and service charge disputes.
He has particular expertise in handling development projects, large investment sales and the acquisition and disposal of pubs and hotels and the businesses run therein. Malcolm has acted for a wide range of clients from institutional investors and public property companies to private investors and developers and business occupiers.
Recent experience includes:Acting for a central London developer in relation to the acquisition of a new development site in the City of London, the subsequent letting of the new building and sale to a foreign investor for £140m.Acting for a PLC brewer in relation to the acquisition of various portfolios of pubs and hotels ranging from £10m to £82m. Acting for a private investor in relation to a joint venture with a housebuilder regarding a mixed use development of a large site in outer London with a total investment value in excess of £200m. Acting for a Danish wealth fund in relation to the acquisition, development and letting of two large office blocks in central London value in excess of £100m. Acting for a global toymaker on their flagship store in the West End of London.
Partner Wedlake Bell 2007.
Investment Property Forum.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Employment > Employers