Camilla Wallace > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Partner specialising in advising high-net-worth individuals, both UK and non-UK domiciliaries, on estate planning to mitigate the incidence of IHT and control the devolution of estates using lifetime gifts, trusts and tax-efficient wills. She also provides advice to clients on capital gains tax and income tax mitigation strategies. Camilla has experience of both offshore and onshore trust restructuring and of advising trustees on the day-to-day management of trusts. She also advises executors and beneficiaries on the administration of estates and trusts.
Recent projects include advising Channel Islands trustees on an employee benefit trust following the introduction of the UK’s disguised remuneration rules; advising Greek and Russian domiciled individuals on pre-arrival tax mitigation strategies; advising executors on the administration of a £20m estate comprising both UK and non UK situated assets; advising Isle of Man trustees on the winding up of an offshore trust and UK taxation on distribution to UK resident and non-UK resident beneficiaries and advising a UK named couple on their inheritance and capital gains tax liabilities as regards an extensive property portfolio comprising a country estate, London real estate, furnished holiday accommodation and property in Spain.
Camilla is a member of Wedlake Bell’s offshore group India team, and is named one of the country’s ‘Top 35 Under 35’ in ‘Private Client Practitioner’ magazine for three consecutive years (2009-11). She has been named as a ‘prominent figure’ in the Citywealth Leaders List every year since 2012. She was also named as a Rising Star in Tax Law by Reuters in 2013 & 2014.
Camilla trained at US firm Dechert and thereafter was a solicitor in the Private Client team at Macfarlanes.
She is a member of STEP (passing exams with distinction) and a founding member of PAIAM (Professional Advisors to the International Art Market).
Wedlake Bell LLP is a ‘team that is on the up’ with Camilla Wallace and Matthew Braithwaite (who are both ‘very collaborative’) and Jenny Cutts at the helm. The team continues to attract and retain various HNW and UHNW clients. It has specialists who advise on tax planning matters where there are heritage assets, art and collectibles for UK and international private collectors, charities, landed estates, artists and galleries. It added to the team too at partner level with the addition of Charles Wang from Rosenblatt (part of RBG Legal Services) . George Merrylees who joined from Irwin Mitchell advises on a range of cross-border tax planning, asset structuring and succession matters and is able to advise on complex matters in French.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Employment > Employers