Christopher Tite > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Projects and infrastructure.
Christopher’s experience spans the practice and business of law. His legal work, which is both advisory and transactional, covers the full business law spectrum ranging from mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure projects and new business ventures to advising owners on family governance, business exits and related succession planning and wealth protection issues. He has an industry focus on transport and logistics, especially ports which he advises world-wide. He is a member of the British Government’s UKTI Ports Advisory Group and Consulting Editor on ports and harbours to ‘Halsbury’s Laws of England’. Christopher co-founded UK Port Advisers which provides consulting services to the ports industry in areas beyond law, such as strategy, operations, infrastructure development and risk management. Christopher also has significant experience of legal services strategy, management and marketing, including innovation and managing change gained through the formation and development of a first-wave multi-disciplinary law practice. Today he advises new ABS entrants and investors seeking to take advantage of the latest legal market reforms. He also advises CEOs and General Counsel on the strategy, design and operation of in-house legal, risk and regulatory functions, as well as the procurement of external legal advice and the management of legal risk. His clients in that context are typically multinationals and governments.
Christopher joined Wedlake Bell in 2014. Previously he was the managing partner of Tite & Lewis, a UK law firm established in association with PwC and subsequently Ernst & Young. Tite & Lewis merged with Lawrence Graham in 2004, where Christopher was a member of the Management Board and led the Corporate group and subsequently the Projects practice. Before establishing Tite & Lewis, Christopher was a partner in Stephenson Harwood, where he was a member of that firm’s Management Board and specialised in cross-border corporate transactions. Current directorships: Christopher has direct external board, and board committee, experience. Currently he is a member of the Greenwich Hospital Advisory Board (a Crown foundation and the Royal Navy’s oldest charity) and holds trusteeships of the Fleet Air Arm Museum (part of the National Museum of the Royal Navy) and the Tall Ships Youth Trust. He is a Freeman of the City of London. Consulting Editor on ports and harbours to ‘Halsbury’s Laws of England’.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Employment > Employers