Edward Craft > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Partner specialising in corporate governance advises companies including privately held businesses (of all sizes), quoted companies and joint venture entities established by public bodies on a broad range of governance issues, from company administration, to board dynamics and complex structuring. Edward advises on a wide range of contractual agreements and supports the development of growing businesses, in both their governance arrangements and shareholder structuring.
Edward played a leading role in the production of a guide for audit committees of smaller companies, the annual QCA/UHY Hacker Young Corporate Governance Behaviour Review and is currently working on updating QCA guidance for remuneration committees of smaller companies.
In addition to his governance-focussed practice Edward has a detailed understanding of deal structuring, particularly in relation to joint ventures and complex, long term projects. Edward has particular expertise in relation to low carbon infrastructure delivery, energy regulation, outsourcing, fund structures and arrangements with public sector bodies.
Edward has been a partner of Wedlake Bell since 2010. Before that, Edward spent twelve years at Nabarro.
Edward studied law at the University of Nottingham (graduating in 1997) and obtained his post-graduate qualification at Nottingham Law School.
Corporate Governance Expert Group of the Quoted Companies Alliance (chairman); Consulting Editorial Board Lexis®PSL Corporate; Law Society Company Law Committee.
Edward is a member of the Company Law Committee of The Law Society and sits on the Consulting Editorial Board to Lexis PSL®.
Chair of the Corporate Governance Expert Group of the Quoted Companies Alliance, the independent membership organisation which champions the interests of small and mid-size quoted companies.
Edward is currently sitting on BIS’s expert committee to produce the guidance for companies in preparing their registers of people with significant control under the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill (legislation which is in its final stages of progress through parliament).
Reigate Grammar School; Nottingham University (1997 LLB Law 2(1)); Nottingham Law School, Nottingham Trent University (1998 Diploma in Legal Practice merit).
Interests are largely dictated by the demands of a young family, but when time permits include running, gardening, escaping to the South Downs.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Employment > Employers