Michael Gardner > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Intellectual property law and dispute resolution.
Partner specialising in disputes involving commercial, IT and in particular intellectual property matters including trade marks, passing off, copyright, databases, designs, patents , confidential information, privacy and disputes involving IT contracts.
Michael is experienced in all forms of IP dispute resolution including litigation in the High Court and IPEC including the obtaining of urgent injunctive relief. His practice includes anti-counterfeiting work (including in the online space) and advising on parallel imports. He also advises on brand protection generally and conduct trade mark prosecution work and domain name dispute resolution.
Michael joined Wedlake Bell in 1993 and qualified as a solicitor in 1995. He became a partner in 2001 and head of the IP team in 2005.
The Leys School, Cambridge; University of Reading (1986 Hons (2(1)), Modern History and International Relations); University of Westminster (1992 CPE (Commendation)); College of Law, Chester (1993 Law Society Final Examination, 2nd class Honours).
Skiing, golf and shooting.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Employment > Employers