Felicity Jones > Watson Farley & Williams LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Watson Farley & Williams LLP Offices
15 APPOLD STREET
- Go to...
GLOBAL REAL ESTATE SECTOR HEAD AND PARTNER IN THE CORPORATE AND M&A GROUP
Felicity acts primarily for clients with real estate assets or trading activities where such assets are fundamental to their business, most notably in the hotel sector.
In addition to the acquisition and disposal of portfolio and individual real estate assets and portfolios in the UK and continental Europe, Felicity also advises a broad range of clients on corporate matters including joint ventures, the grant of options, sale and leaseback or management arrangements, operating agreements and franchises for owners and operators (in jurisdictions from the UK to the Middle East). She assists in managing disputes, and works with management teams and/or lenders regarding development, structure, fundraising (loan and equity) and security issues.
Felicity is recognised for her expertise in the hotel sector by leading legal directories. Legal 500 UK 2021 notes Felicity’s “deep knowledge of the industry, great commercial knowledge” and as being “always a step ahead in her advice.”
Trained at Stanley & Simpson North (now Beachcroft Stanleys); assistant at Wilde Sapte then Bristows, following a period in-house with Hilton International; several years in partnership in the City and Holborn. Felicity became a partner at Watson, Farley & Williams LLP in March 2009.
Westerhirt School; London University (BA Hons).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Watson Farley & Williams LLP‘s broad expertise encompasses acquisitions, investments, franchise agreements and the development of hotel and leisure projects. Felicity Jones, an expert in corporate and commercial matters, heads the team. Richard Hughes often advises on financing matters pertaining to hotels, luxury city centre resorts and budget chains. Rohan Inamdar has experience handling sales and acquisitions of individual and hotel portfolios within the UK and in Europe.
- Leading individuals - London > Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Hospitality and leisure - London > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Transport > Aviation
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Employment > Immigration
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Real estate > Planning
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Transport > Rail
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Real estate > Property finance