Michael O"Donnell > Watson Farley & Williams LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Watson Farley & Williams LLP Offices
15 APPOLD STREET
- Go to...
PARTNER IN THE MARITIME GROUP
Michael specialises in international financial transactions with a particular emphasis on advising on ship financing and tax-based leasing and export credit financing transactions across a variety of maritime assets, as well as on restructurings.
His clients include international banks and other financial institutions, ship owners and leasing companies.
Michael joined WFW in 1988 and spent a year on secondment to the firm’s Oslo office.
Trained McHale & Co, London; qualified 1988; joined Watson, Farley & Williams, London 1988; worked in Oslo office 1993 and has worked for short periods in New York and Copenhagen; partner 2005.
Bangor Grammar School; UCW, Aberystwyth (1985 LLB).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Transport > Aviation
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Employment > Immigration
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Real estate > Planning
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Transport > Rail
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Real estate > Property finance