Toby Royal > Watson Farley & Williams LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Watson Farley & Williams LLP Offices
15 APPOLD STREET
- Go to...
PARTNER IN THE MARITIME GROUP
Toby has a wealth of experience in the maritime sector advising shipowners, operators, private equity funds, investors and financial institutions across the full spectrum of non-contentious shipping work.
His practice has a particular emphasis on commercial contracts and environmental matters ranging from newbuildings, sale & purchase (including back-to-back re-sales and green recycling/disposal), charterparties, ship management agreements and commercial and environmental due diligence.
Recommended as a transactional maritime expert by leading legal directory Legal 500 UK and praised for his “very broad experience” (2020), “looking out for his client’s best interests” (2020) and being “thorough and commercially minded” (2021), he is admitted to practice in both England & Wales and Ireland, and holds qualifications in maritime law, ship management and notarial practice.
Partner Watson, Farley & Williams 2012.
St. Edmund’s College, Cambridge University (MA).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Transport > Aviation
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Employment > Immigration
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Real estate > Planning
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Transport > Rail
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Real estate > Property finance