Trowers & Hamlins LLP > Muscat, Oman > Firm Profile
Trowers & Hamlins LLP Offices
AL JAWHARA BUILDING, AL MUNTAZAH STREET
SHATTI AL QURUM, PO BOX 2991, PC 112
Trowers & Hamlins LLP > The Legal 500 Rankings
Oman > Projects and energy Tier 2
‘Nick Watson and Aaron Ohm have excelled in providing support to us and coordinating the involvement of other Trowers & Hamlins lawyer. They exhibit the local knowledge and commercially savvy approach that characterizes the firm generally.’
‘We have worked with Trowers & Hamlins in Oman, where the firm has a deep, and probably unique, understanding of local laws and markets. They also have a practical approach to providing legal advice in which they leverage their local expertise.’
National Bank of Oman
Salalah Port Services
Innovation Development Oman Holding SAOC
Oman Tower Company LLC
Jabberwock Ventures (Pakistan)
Nakheel Oman Development Company SAOC
Muscat Insurance Company
ACWA Power Barka
- Advised National Bank of Oman in connection Commercial Bank of Qatars takeover offer to acquire a majority stake in the bank.
- Advised IDO, Oman’s technology investment fund, in relation to their participation in the $50m Series C funding round of the UK genomic analysis company Congenica Limited.
Oman > Dispute resolution Tier 3Trowers & Hamlins LLP has a strong track record in big-ticket conventional and Islamic finance matters, as well as capital markets transactions. Led by managing partner Jeremy Ingham, the practice is highly active in transactional work and regulatory compliance advice to clients. Salman Ahmed in Oman leads the firm's Islamic finance practice in the region. Bilal Kahlon's practice has gained momentum since his arrival from Baker & McKenzie Limited in Janaury 2020, with him winning a number of key mandates.
‘Trowers have never failed to impress us with their in-depth knowledge of and expertise in Islamic financing. The team is always accessible and their tactful yet cordial approach when it comes to negotiation helps in attaining the desired outcome while maintaining our relationship with the counterparties untarnished.’
‘A great team who are knowledgeable, commercial, friendly and approachable.’
‘Honesty, clarity, beyond the engagement, friendly, always available and diligent.’
GFH Financial Group
Central Bank of Bahrain
National Bank of Bahrain
Citibank BBK B.S.C.
Al Salam Bank B.S.C.
Ahli United Bank B.S.C.
Bahrain Development Bank BSC
First Energy Bank B.S.C
Bahrain Steel B.S.C
Kuwait Finance House B.S.C
Venture Capital Bank B.S.C
Arab Banking Corporation
Al Salam Bank Bahrain
Shariyah Review Bureau
Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC
Mizuho Bank Ltd, Labuan Branch
Gulf International Bank B.S.C
- Advised Bank ABC and NBB (as joint lead arrangers and bookrunners) on the drafting, negotiating andfinalising of an amended and restated facility agreement for each of four Oman-based energy company.
- Assisting Bank ABC as lead arranger and a syndicate of other leading Bahraini and regional banks (including Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, National Bank of Bahrain, Mashreqbank, Arab Bank and Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank) in relation to amendments to separate financings to four leading power companies in Oman.
- Advised Bahrain Steel on all of their financings enabling them to continue operating the world’s only fully integrated single site steel manufacturing facility.
Trowers & Hamlins LLP > Firm Profile
|International Infrastructure and Real Estate||Thomas Wigley|
|Islamic Finance||Salman Ahmed|
|International Corporate||Nick Watson|
|International Dispute Resolution and Litigation||Raya Al Harthy|
|International Dispute Resolution and Litigation||Abdullah Al Barwani|
|International Banking and Finance||Debopam Dutta|
|International Infrastructure and Real Estate||Reem Al Mahrizi|
|International Dispute Resolution and Litigation||Mohammed Al Subhi|
|International Corporate||Alyaqdhan Al Waily|
|International Corporate||Ali Al Toki|
|International Dispute Resolution and Litigation||Majid Al Toky|
|International Dispute Resolution and Litigation||Dima Tayara|
|International Corporate||Al Shaima AlHinai|