Philip Linnard > Slaughter and May > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Slaughter and May Offices
ONE BUNHILL ROW
- Go to...
Pensions, Employment and Incentives.
Partner with a broad transactional and advisory practice, covering all aspects of employment, incentives and pensions matters. Besides his transactional work, Philip advises clients on standalone employment, incentives and pensions matters, with a recent focus on arrangements for the appointment, incentivisation and termination of senior executives of listed and non-listed companies.
Joined Slaughter and May in 2006. Partner since 2017.
Phil is a member of the Corporate and Regulatory Committee of the Share Plan Lawyers Group, and a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and the Association of Pension Lawyers. Phil is also recognised as a Next Generation Partner in the Employee Share Schemes section of Legal 500 (2021).
One of Slaughter and May‘s key strengths is advising listed and privately held clients on the full range of board-level employment matters, from appointments to terminations, remuneration and disputes. Padraig Cronin and Philip Linnard focus exclusively on TUPE, restructurings, outsourcings and incentives aspects of significant transactions. Senior associate Philippa O’Malley undertakes a mix of contentious and non-contentious work, and is particularly recommended for diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Charles Cameron is an expert on corporate pension plans.
Slaughter and May has a well-established reputation in the market as ‘a go-to law firm in terms of its detailed analysis of legal issues related to employee share schemes’. Corporate pension plans expert Charles Cameron heads the team while Philip Linnard, who ‘has a knack for thinking outside the box’, is ‘a go-to-partner’ for listed and unlisted companies seeking assistance with executive remuneration, employee bonus and share plan matters. Also recommended are Ian Brown and Rosemary Nelson, who together have extensive experience in handling the incentives aspects of major M&A, public takeovers, and rights issuance transactions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – mid-large cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Industry focus > TMT
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Environment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Investment fund formation and management > Listed funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Finance > Securitisation
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Planning
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)