Sebastian Prichard Jones > Macfarlanes LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Macfarlanes LLP Offices
20 CURSITOR STREET
- Go to...
Sebastian Prichard Jones
Sebastian specialises in advising wealthy families on tax and succession issues. Much of his work has an international dimension and many of his clients have no connection with the UK.
He advises on the creation and operation of asset-holding structures and family offices. He also advises on tax investigations and litigation involving family trusts.
Sebastian advises many UK and non-UK based families on their tax position, both in the UK and internationally. In 2003 he spent six months on secondment with the trusts and estates group of a leading New York law firm and, as a result of this experience, much of his work has a US dimension.
Sebastian has lectured in the UK, the US and further afield.
Sebastian became senior partner on 1 May 2020.
Trained Macfarlanes; qualified 1998; partner 2005; senior partner 2020
Macfarlanes LLP advises on the full spectrum of tax matters from HMRC enquiries to audits, investigations and litigation. The team handles both direct and indirect tax disputes with many going before the tax tribunals and civil courts. Other areas of expertise include transfer pricing and offshore trusts matters. Gideon Sanitt heads the team with experience in both transactional and contentious work with support from Sebastian Prichard Jones. Ben Webster acts on a wide range of tax disputes including traditional HMRC matters and judicial review cases.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Investment fund formation and management > Retail funds
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Real estate > Property finance
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Finance > Securitisation
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)