Jonathan Polin > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Jonathan Polin is an experienced corporate solicitor. His expertise covers M&A, particularly in the restructuring and insolvent/distressed arena both in the UK and internationally. Jonathan is Head of International.
Jonathan’s strong track record in complex and international corporate transactions includes advising on M&A and disposals of both private and public companies, and investments and joint ventures along with listings on AIM and the London Stock Exchange.
He is additionally a UK restructuring specialist, advising on the corporate aspects of restructuring and distressed sales. Jonathan acts for clients in most industries including retail.
Jonathan acts for corporations, partnerships and individuals in many industry sectors, including retail, real estate, technology, financial services, gaming and support services. He advises start-ups, entrepreneurs and owner-managed business.
He leads the International group and has a strong focus on North America where he worked earlier in his career. He is a director of Meritas, the premier global legal network, heads the European Leadership group and co-heads the Meritas Global M&A Community.
Howard Kennedy LLP’s ‘technically very astute’ M&A team enjoyed a very busy 2021; Gillian White is an expert in corporate transactional work, but also acts in an advisory capacity in connection with shareholder disputes and corporate governance matters. Ashley Reeback specialises in all forms of corporate law with an emphasis on M&A and AIM related transactions. Jonathan Polin , also a UK corporate restructuring specialist, has acted on significant UK and European real estate deals and has a broad experience acting for betting and gaming companies. Paul Glassberg has considerable experience in online/tech and fintech, real estate, retail and leisure, and the distressed sectors. Anthony Hunt focuses on the real estate sector, acting for domestic and international investors and developers, in particular in the hotel, retail, restaurant and leisure sectors.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport