David Philips > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
David Philips specialises in the purchase of development sites. He advises clients on residential and mixed-use development schemes guiding them along the way to avoid falling foul of any pitfalls during each transaction.
David is a solicitor in the firm’s Real Estate department.
He advises on all types of commercial property transactions, including the purchasing, structuring and financing of sites, lettings, and sales. His main area of expertise is the purchase of development sites, advising on the development process and then disposal of the finished product.
Clients include public limited development companies and investment companies.
He has acted for a wide variety of clients including Galliard Homes, Ballymore Properties and Heron PLC.
One of his roles is to oversee large-scale sites going down to the plot sales team. He works hard to ensure that title documents, sales contracts and leases are thoroughly drafted and easy to follow, while always giving clients the space to achieve their ambitions.
Howard Kennedy LLP‘s real estate practice is known for ‘delivering a responsive and commercially focused service’. Adam Walford leads the team on corporate occupier related matters, with expertise in the retail and restaurant sectors. On the development side, Kate Woodgate co-heads the team alongside Graham Kaye, providing a rounded offering which covers both residential and commercial developments, and mixed-use schemes. David Philips is ‘an exceptional lawyer‘ when it comes to large, complex development mandates, while Astrid Stanley has ‘excellent industry knowledge‘ on transactions and advising investors, landlords, and occupiers advice on commercial aqcuisitions for lease.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport