James Stewart > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
James Stewart deals with a mix of contentious and non-contentious development work for clients. He is Head of the Construction team.
James is a solicitor focusing on development and development finance work in residential, commercial, and mixed-use schemes including drafting, negotiating and finalising contracts and appointments and supporting documentation.
He is also involved in dispute avoidance advisory work and adjudications. He acts for a mix of developer and funder clients, along with professional consultants and specialist sub-contractors.
James advises from project commencement through to completion, including outstanding defects and account issues. He specifically advises on the original set up of projects (whether engineering, commercial or residential) including professional appointments, bonds, warranties and construction contracts, any funding issues related to the project, and on the construction aspects of development agreements and related documentation.
He works closely with clients throughout the design and construction phases and on all matters relating to completion, disposal and settlement of accounts.
On the contentious side, James undertakes mediation, adjudication and arbitration and including on professional negligence, loss and expense claims, delay and disruption, bond claims, defects and final account claims as well as issues arising out of contract determination and insolvency.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport