Adam Walford > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Adam Walford advises household name restaurants and retailers on their real estate occupancy needs, growth strategies and asset management needs. He leads the Investment, Landlord and Tenant team and is head of the Retail & Leisure group.
He is a solicitor specialising in commercial real estate, particularly in acquisition and disposal work for the restaurant and retail sectors.
Adam has an extensive and varied client base, including restaurant owners, occupiers, investors, and developers. He acts for global brands and quoted companies, as well as, household names like Carluccio’s, Pizza Hut, Patty&Bun, and Tortilla.
He also supports some of the most exciting new brands in the sector. This breadth of experience is unusual. He lives and breathes the restaurant business, working closely with the wider sector team to benefit shared clients with a wealth of insight.
Whether a client is buying a chain of 200 outlets, developing a brand new concept, branching out from a first success, or simply reviewing their staff contracts, he aims to be their first port of call.
Howard Kennedy LLP‘s real estate practice is known for ‘delivering a responsive and commercially focused service’. Adam Walford leads the team on corporate occupier related matters, with expertise in the retail and restaurant sectors. On the development side, Kate Woodgate co-heads the team alongside Graham Kaye, providing a rounded offering which covers both residential and commercial developments, and mixed-use schemes. David Philips is ‘an exceptional lawyer‘ when it comes to large, complex development mandates, while Astrid Stanley has ‘excellent industry knowledge‘ on transactions and advising investors, landlords, and occupiers advice on commercial aqcuisitions for lease.
Howard Kennedy LLP‘s team acts for luxury brands, boutique operators and mid-sized chains as well as international operators. The practice is led by Adam Walford , Anthony Hunt and Alex Watt. Walford focuses on asset management and acquisitions and disposals owned by leisure entities, particularly restaurants. Hunt is the key corporate real estate expert. Intellectual property specialist Watt joined the practice from Browne Jacobson LLP in May 2021.
- Hospitality and leisure - London > Industry focus
- Commercial property: development - London > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport