Craig Emden > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Craig Emden is the Managing Partner of Howard Kennedy. He is also a commercial litigator with over 30 years’ experience acting for clients across a number of industries and sectors.
Craig was reappointed Managing Partner in 2021 for a second four-year term, having previously been joint Managing Partner. Building on the progress achieved in that time, with his reappointment Craig set out an ambitious three-year growth plan for the firm.
He prioritises building a culture where people thrive and the firm’s values prevail: alongside ensuring top quality support to clients whatever their needs. As Howard Kennedy continues to grow, Craig is intent on ensuring that the firm only recruits people that will fit in with the firm’s ethos and values.
Craig is a solicitor providing clients with commercial and straightforward advice on all aspects of commercial and real estate litigation, both domestic and international. His areas of expertise include sports-related litigation, corporate and partnership disputes (particularly shareholder disputes), professional negligence, insolvency, and general commercial litigation. His clients range from individual entrepreneurs and partnerships to major PLCs.
On the sports side, Craig acts for football managers and other coaching staff, players, and agents.
Craig’s aim is always to ensure that he takes as much pressure as possible off the shoulders of his clients and to fully understand what the client wants to achieve and to do that as painlessly as possible.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport