Emily Mailer > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Emily Mailer is a trust and estates disputes specialist, resolving both domestic and international cases.
Emily acts for individuals, families, executors, trustees, beneficiaries, trust companies, protectors and family offices.
She has a wealth of experience dealing with disputes which often have an international element.
This includes conducting cases concerning the validity of wills, breach of trust claims, construction proceedings and rectification applications, and applications to remove executors and trustees.
Emily also handles Court of Protection applications (both contested and uncontested) for the appointment of deputies and the approval of statutory wills or lifetime gifts.
Along with the Trusts and Estates Disputes practice, Emily provides robust representation of clients in court but equally helps clients reach a settlement away from the risk and publicity of litigation where possible. She is experienced in various forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution, such as mediation.
Emily’s experience means that she also advises settlors who are establishing trusts on risk management issues, such as the treatment of a trust’s assets on the divorce or bankruptcy of a beneficiary.
She is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars, and also contributes to national publications on issues surrounding disputes relating to inheritance.
Emily is a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Howard Kennedy LLP has a ‘stellar practice that is going from strength to strength’ advising wealthy clients on complex, high-value and high-profile disputes. It handles a multitude of multi-jurisdictional litigation and many aspects of the team’s work relate to cross-border disputes, with a large proportion of the work including elements of international succession, offshore assets and trusts. Head of department is Naomi O’Higgins who ‘is the iron hand in the kid glove, immensely pleasant to deal with but an absolute terrier too’. Emily Mailer receives many plaudits. The practice added Monika Byrska to its ranks from Thomson Snell & Passmore – an ‘excellent addition to the team’. Overall it is praised for providing a ‘Rolls- Royce service’ to clients.
- Leading individuals - London > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Contentious trusts and probate - London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport