Naomi O'Higgins > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Naomi O’Higgins is an expert in trusts and estates disputes, as well as, Court of Protection work. Much of her caseload has an international element.
Naomi is Head of our Trusts and Estates Disputes practice. She supports clients across a range of trusts disputes including breach of trust claims and trustee/beneficiary disputes. She has particular experience of litigation with cross-border elements working with lawyers in offshore jurisdictions. She additionally advises on non-contentious trusts related applications.
She acts for clients on inheritance disputes including challenges to the validity of wills, removal of executors and claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
Naomi works with clients on Court of Protection matters such as statutory wills, disputes regarding the appointments or actions of attorneys, as well as, other cases concerning people lacking capacity to manage their own affairs.
She is a private client solicitor who specialises in litigation. This means that she takes a practical and empathetic approach to advising clients facing difficult, often emotional, challenges.
Naomi works alongside colleagues in the firm’s Private Client and Family teams on complex multi-jurisdictional issues. She has litigated in a number of foreign/offshore jurisdictions including, the Channel Islands, the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands, the Bahamas and Switzerland and has excellent relationships with firms in those and the other major offshore jurisdictions.
Naomi is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
She is dual qualified having been admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland in 2017.
Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS), the STEP Contentious Trusts and Estates and Mental Capacity Special Interest Groups, and the Law Society Probate Section. She is dual qualified having been admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland in 2017.
Naomi leads the firm’s Charity Committee.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport