Monika Byrska > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Trusts and estate disputes
Monika Byrska is a bilingual solicitor specialising in trust, will and estate disputes.
Monika advises in all types of private client disputes. This includes: will challenges, Inheritance Act claims, disputes relating to the administration of estates, actions against trustees and personal representatives, promissory estoppel claims, trust disputes between co-owners of a property, and application for directions in administration of trusts and estates.
As a STEP-qualified practitioner, she is uniquely qualified to assist with both contentious and non-contentious aspects of trust and estate administration. She therefore also represents personal representatives and trustees advising on the administration of trusts and estates, which are complex or entangled in disputes.
As Monika often meets clients when they are going through their most difficult times, she aims to put them at ease with her straightforward and compassionate approach. She has passion and years of experience in resolving what may seem to be the most impossible disputes over wealth.
She is bilingual and able to service clients in Polish. With a background in linguistics and interpretation, Monika also has a working knowledge of a couple other European languages.
She is a full member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and an associate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). She holds a STEP Advanced Certificate in Administration of Estates, Advanced Certificate in Cross Border Estates and Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes. She is also a member of the STEP Contentious Trusts and Estates Special Interest Group and ConTrA, a network for Contentious Trusts Associates.
Howard Kennedy LLP has a ‘stellar practice that is going from strength to strength’ advising wealthy clients on complex, high-value and high-profile disputes. It handles a multitude of multi-jurisdictional litigation and many aspects of the team’s work relate to cross-border disputes, with a large proportion of the work including elements of international succession, offshore assets and trusts. Head of department is Naomi O’Higgins who ‘is the iron hand in the kid glove, immensely pleasant to deal with but an absolute terrier too’. Emily Mailer receives many plaudits. The practice added Monika Byrska to its ranks from Thomson Snell & Passmore – an ‘excellent addition to the team’. Overall it is praised for providing a ‘Rolls- Royce service’ to clients.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport