Murdochs Solicitors > London, England > Firm Profile
Murdochs Solicitors Offices
45 HIGH STREET
Murdochs Solicitors > The Legal 500 RankingsMurdochs Solicitors focuses almost exclusively on defending solicitors and other legal professionals facing regulatory investigations and disciplinary proceedings. Senior partner and practice leader Andrew Blatt ‘demonstrates clear expertise in both the legal regulatory and practical aspects of dealing with an SRA investigation‘, in addition to acting in SDT proceedings and complex partnership disputes involving misconduct. Senior consultant Robert Forman is ‘a formidable lawyer of great integrity‘; and director Nicholas Trevette is ‘simply outstanding at every stage of a case‘.
‘Unsurpassed in solicitors’ discipline. They know everything and have seen it all. And so they can handle cases with great judgement and effectiveness.’
‘The practice is exceptional in this area because of the specific qualities and experience of the team, its hands-on approach, and the value for money the lawyers offer.’
‘Murdochs punches above its weight. Andrew Blatt, consultant Robert Forman and director Nicholas Trevette are all first class, and the firm provides a superb quality of service to its clients’.
‘Andrew Blatt demonstrates clear expertise in both the legal regulatory and practical aspects of dealing with an SRA investigation. He established a pragmatic solution to the initial concerns, and then helped navigate us through the complexities of further issues that arose. He is skilled at seeing the issues from both sides.’
‘Between them Andrew Blatt, Robert Forman and Nicholas Trevette provide a truly comprehensive service to solicitors in professional difficulties. They are totally dedicated to their clients and cover all the bases. True experts in the field and with a client-friendly approach.’
‘Robert Forman is exceptionally bright, tells it like it is, and wins more cases because of it. If you’re a solicitor and the SRA comes knocking at your door, you definitely want the person who answers the door to be Robert Forman. He is a formidable lawyer of great integrity and gives clear-headed advice even in the most difficult of circumstances, which regulatory matters often are.’
‘Nicholas Trevette has unique experience both as an investigator and lawyer, which gives him an exceptional ability to assess the progress of any investigation into professional discipline and make the best tactical decisions at every stage.’
‘Nicholas Trevette is simply outstanding at every stage of a case and I would not hesitate to recommend him, particularly when the issues may potentially involve proceedings in criminal law. He works tirelessly on behalf of his clients, is always available to them, and offers a personal touch that is always welcomed. He gains the trust of those he works with, as well as his clients, by always communicating directly, immediately and with sensitivity. I thoroughly recommend him.’
Murdochs Solicitors > Firm Profile
Murdochs provides professional discipline and regulatory representation, advice and support to firms and individual members of the legal professions.
The team, led by Andrew Blatt, is recognised as a leading firm in solicitors professional discipline and regulation.
The firm’s core work involves acting for firms and individual solicitors facing SRA investigation, preparing self-reports, and defending proceedings before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. The team has a number of firms, large and small, on its books to which it provides regular advice and representation. It also acts as agent to firms seeking specialist regulatory advice in connection with client matters.
The firm’s team comprises :-
- Andrew Blatt, practice head, qualified 1985 – Andrew sits on the Law Society’s Regulatory Processes Committee, the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal’s User Group, he is an Executive on the Committee of the Solicitors Assistance Scheme.
- Robert Forman, qualified 1997 – Robert is co-author of The Solicitor’s Handbook, 2019 and 2022 editions. He handles complex forensic investigations, self-reports, and is an experienced advocate at the SDT.
- Nick Trevette, qualified 2004 – Nick is an experienced fraud investigator and specialises in Voluntary Practice Closures.
The team is renowned for delivering high quality and cost-effective legal services. The firm was established in the City of London in 1984, before relocating to, what is now an administrative hub, in London E11. The firm regularly acts for solicitors across all parts of England & Wales.
The firm regularly provides services in the following regulatory sectors :
- Representation in SRA investigations
- Defence at the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal
- Appeals from the SDT to the Administrative Court
- Appeals to the SDT from decisions of the SRA
- Representation and advice when seeking to avoid SRA Intervention
- Appeals to the High Court against SRA Intervention
- Self-reports to the SRA
- Written Opinions and Advice on the SRA Standards & Regulations 2019, Legal Services Act 2007 & Solicitors Act 1974
- SRA Practising Certificate issues
- Admission to the Roll and the Suitability Test
- Advising firms, COLPs and COFAs on Compliance
- Voluntary Practice Closures
- SRA Authorisation for Authorised and Licensed Bodies (ABS)
- Successor practice issues
- Reports for the purposes of insurance renewal
- Professional indemnity insurance coverage disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Representations against the publication of regulatory decisions
- Legal Ombudsman complaints
The firm also acts for Barristers, Licensed Conveyancers, Legal Executives, Notaries and Paralegals.
MembershipsAssociation of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline