Firms in the spotlight: Meysan Partners
Meysan Partners is Kuwait’s leading law firm in the corporate space, and the most sought-after firm for cross-border M&A transactions. From mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and venture capital to private and public equity and debt offerings, we assist clients through all stages of their transactions to ensure successful results. We advise on more M&A transactions (by value) than any other law firm in Kuwait and have worked on virtually all the big public M&A deals in Kuwait in recent years. We frequently act on transactions across multiple jurisdictions and we are positioned at the top end of legal services market in Kuwait, attracting only the most demanding and sophisticated M&A matters.
A complete M&A transactional service
Unlike most Kuwait commercial firms that act mainly on the local law aspects of foreign firm-led transactions, we lead transactions ourselves – either domestic/regional assignments, or Kuwait companies “going outbound” internationally. Our reputation comes from advising on all aspects of private and public M&A, and we have credible and substantial experience advising both sides of the transaction whether they are buyers or sellers.
Meysan represents a diverse range of multinational and domestic companies and financial institutions in not only the region’s largest mergers and acquisitions, but also many first-of-their-kind transactions in the region.
Our lawyers are experienced in all aspects of the M&A transaction and in a wide range of industries, including those that are highly regulated. Our lawyers have deep knowledge of regional laws and regulations and a peerless reputation for handling transactions across the full array of industries.
- Advised Al-Khair National for Stocks and Real Estate Company WLL, Gulf National Holding Company K.S.C.C., and Kuwait British Readymix Company WLL on the sale of ordinary shares representing 12.063% of the issued share capital of Mobile Telecommunications Company ‘Zain’ to Oman Telecommunications Company S.A.O.G valued at $1.58 billion
- Advised Mobile Telecommunications Company ‘Zain’ on the sale of its entire block of treasury shares, representing 9.84% of Zain’s share capital, to Oman Telecommunications Company (‘Omantel’) valued at $846 million
- Advised National Investment Company KSCP on the first ever corporate merger in Kuwait under the new 2015 merger regulations set out by the capital markets authority, the CMA. The merger involved two NIC affiliates regulated by the CMA as financial brokerage companies
- Advised the shareholders of Abyat Megastore in the sale of a 35% strategic interest in Abyat Megastore to Saudi Arabian regional conglomerate, Al Muhaidib Group
- Advised the shareholders of Talabat.com on its acquisition for $170 million by German E-commerce group, Rocket Internet AG. The deal represents one of the largest ever tech acquisitions in the MENA region
- Tristar Transport LLC on its acquisition of Abu Dhabi-based Emirates Ship Investment Company, also known as ‘Eships’, from Egon Oldendorff GmbH & Co. KG, a company of the Oldendorff Group