Firms in the spotlight: Astolfo Di Amato & Associati-Avvocati
Astolfo Di Amato e Associati is recommended as a leading Italian law firm for Litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution practice.
The Firm has gained an extensive experience in civil and criminal litigation, international and local arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution.
Astolfo Di Amato e Associati has the resources to handle large actions, and the experience and expertise to handle smaller cases efficiently. Matters are always evaluated at the onset to determine if litigation can be avoided, or, if it is instituted, whether the issue can be resolved promptly.
The Lawyers of the Firm regularly handle complex cases in conventional and alternative forms of litigation, including arbitration of international and domestic dispute and mediation, before administrative, trial and appellate courts, as well as the Italian Supreme Court. Using their substantive knowledge and well-honed advocacy skills, the lawyers of the Firm work to resolve the dispute, while always striving to control costs and to find the solution which best suits the client’s needs. The Firm’s clients include Italian and multinational public and private companies, financial institutions, entrepreneurs and individuals.
The founder of the Firm, Prof. Avv. Astolfo Di Amato has substantial experience as counsel, expert, and arbitrator in both domestic and international arbitrations. He, and the Partner Prof. Avv. Alessio Di Amato, are frequently selected by parties to serve as an arbitrator, and by other arbitrators to serve as the president of arbitration panels.
During the past few years, the Firm has attained a national reputation for its trial and dispute resolution practice and has successfully represented clients in a wide range of disputes ranging from corporate and commercial disputes to business crime defence, including:
- Banking, Finance disputes
- Corporate and shareholder’s disputes
- Antitrust & Regulatory disputes
- Bankruptcy, Reorganization & Insolvency
- Breach of contracts
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Personal injury claims
A sample of recent cases in project handles includes the following:
- Defending individual and corporate clients in relation to approximately 3.000 claim brought in Turin against the company for asbestos – related deaths and illnesses. Representation includes both civil and criminal aspects.
- Leading the legal team which represents approximately 400 clients in securities litigation arising from the issuance and alleged mismanagement of financial instruments. In this matter, the Civil Court of Rome ordered Consob (Commissione Nazionale per le Società e la Borsa), the Public Authority responsible for regulating the Italian securities market, to pay the plaintiff- investors 14 million for failure to adequately monitor the market. This is the first time an Italian court has ordered Consob to pay this type of damages.
- Representing various clients in arbitration proceedings before the International Chamber of Commerce.