John Elvidge > Chambers of John Elvidge QC > York, England > Lawyer Profile
Chambers of John Elvidge QC Offices
Dere Street Barristers
14 TOFT GREEN
- Go to...
John Elvidge QC prosecutes and defends cases of the utmost gravity.
- Multiple deaths;
- Causation issues (legal, factual and medical);
- Joint enterprise / secondary liability;
- Killing by/of children and young people;
- Diminished Responsibility and Loss of Control;
- Gross negligence manslaughter.
- Fraud against financial institutions and insurance companies;
- Controlled drugs and medicines:
- Money laundering;
- Sexual offences against children;
- Blackmail and kidnapping;
- Applications for trial by judge alone, by protected jury and for witness anonymity orders.
Serious sexual offences:
- Sexual exploitation and human trafficking;
- Complaints against professionals;
- Familial abuse;
- Delayed complaints.
- Professional and police disciplinary hearings;
Called 1988; QC 2010; head of York Chambers 2011; head of Dere Street Barristers 2011 to date; Leader of the North Eastern Circuit 2014.
King Edward VII School, Sheffield; University of Newcastle upon Tyne; Inns of Court School of Law.
Regional Bar > North Eastern Circuit > CrimeWithin: Leading Silks -
At Dere Street Barristers, members prosecute and defend in a wide range of criminal cases. Recent highlights include John Elvidge QC‘s representation of a defendant financial consultant in a five-month multi-defendant SFO prosecution and Peter Makepeace QC securing an acquittal for a defendant in a joint enterprise murder case, in which several of the co-accused were convicted of murder or manslaughter.