Jamie Anderson > Chambers of Toby Hedworth QC > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Chambers of Toby Hedworth QC Offices
THE CUSTOM HOUSE, QUAYSIDE
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Jamie was called to the Bar in July 2004 and specialises exclusively in employment and discrimination law, accepting instructions on behalf of employees, trade unions and employers, including local authorities.
His approach seeks to draw upon his experience in employment disputes and to offer a practical approach wherever possible. Jamie is frequently instructed in complex multi day unfair dismissal, TUPE, whistleblowing and discrimination claims and represents a realistic option for solicitors seeking specialist advice and representation. He also receives instructions to act on behalf of parties engaged in Judicial Mediation.
Given his employment specialism, he also receives instructions to appear before the Employment Appeal Tribunal on behalf of both appellants and respondents. Jamie has significant experience in the following sub-categories of employment work:
- Advising and representing Chief Constables and Police Officers in discrimination claims before the Employment Tribunal
- Advising and representing public and private sector employers on service provision changes under TUPE (both transferor and transferee)
- Representing employers and employees in the health and social care sector, particularly where allegations of abuse have been made
- Representing parties in applications for reconsideration, having twice appeared in the EAT in cases relating to reconsideration, the most recent being the leading case of Newcastle City Council v Marsden  ICR 743
- Significant experience in admitting and excluding alleged without prejudice and protected conversations
In 2008 Jamie acted for one of the first ever Claimants to successfully claim that they were dismissed on the grounds of their youth. Due to the unique nature of the issues involved, the case received national press attention and comment. He has also appeared in a number of other high profile cases that have been reported in the local and national media.
Jamie also undertakes non contentious work, drafting employment contracts and policies. Furthermore, Jamie has a teaching qualification and is able to provide training on any aspect of employment law.
Jamie provides Seminar on the following:
•Disability Discrimination Update for Claimants and Respondents
•Whistleblowing: Tactics for Claimants and Respondents
•An Introduction to the Equality Act 2010
•The Equality Act 2010 Made Interesting
•Technology and Social Media
•Privilege and Without Prejudice Discussions
•What You Need to Know About the New Employment Tribunal Rules and Fees Regime – Employment Lawyers Association
•Managing Social Media in the Modern Workplace
Called 2004; Lincoln’s Inn.
Employment Law Bar Association; Employment Lawyers Association; Industrial Law Society; Newcastle upon Tyne Employment Tribunal Users Group.
LLB (Hons); LLM.