Ms Nicola Timmins > Chambers of George Bompas QC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
4 Stone Buildings Offices
4 Stone Buildings
- Go to...
Ms Nicola Timmins
Practices in the commercial chancery field, focusing on commercial litigation, banking, oil and gas/natural resources, company and insolvency.
Nicola is a litigation specialist focusing on commercial and commercial chancery litigation, with significant experience in large complex disputes in the fields of banking and oil and gas/natural resources, insolvency, company and trust disputes. Major cases include:
- RZB v RBS (misrepresentation in relation to a loan to Enron);
- Raiffeisen Zentralbank Osterreich AG v JP Morgan (breach of contract of a tri-partite repo agreement following the collapse of Lehman Brothers);
- McGraw-Hill International (UK) Limited v Deutsche Apotheker und ArzteBank and RBS and Portigon AG v RBS (misrepresentation in relation to the rating of CPDO notes by S&P and Moody’s);
- Desmond & Ors v Credit Suisse International & GLG Partners LP (misselling of complex derivative products);
- Excalibur Ventures LLC v Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited (right to oil concessions in Iraqi Kurdistan);
- Tullow Uganda Limited v Heritage Oil & Gas Limited and Heritage Oil plc (tax liability for oil transaction);
- series of four connected arbitrations arising out of breach of a loan agreement for development of a copper mine.
- MF Global UK Limited v MF Global UK Services Limited (attributing liability between group companies for the deficit in a pension scheme arising upon insolvency);
- In the matter of Laep Investments Ltd (winding up proceedings in Bermuda);
- In the matter of George’s Bay Limited (provisional liquidation in Bermuda);
- St Johns Trust Company (PVT) Limited v Medlands (PTC) Limited (Bermuda trust dispute).
Short Service Limited Commission (Royal Artillery) 1998-1999. Legal Researcher, The Hague Conference on Private International Law, 2004-2005. Training contract at Baker & McKenzie 2005-2007 (including two judicial terms on secondment to the Court of Appeal as Judicial Assistant to Mummery LJ). Associate, Dispute Resolution Department, Baker & McKenzie 2007-2008. Called 2008, Gray’s Inn.
COMBAR; Chancery Bar Association.
Harrogate Grammar School; Emmanuel College, Cambridge (BA 2002; LLM 2003; MA, 2005).
Running, cycling, ballet/contemporary dance.