Mr Karl Anderson > Chambers of George Bompas KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
4 Stone Buildings Offices
4 Stone Buildings
- Go to...
Mr Karl Anderson
Barrister specalising in commercial litigation; company law; civil fraud; insolvency; commercial chancery disputes and banking and finance.
Called 2017 (Queen Mother scholar of Middle Temple). Karl is a commercial chancery barrister who is frequently instructed both as sole counsel in the High Court and County Court, and as part of a wider counsel team in heavy commercial litigation. Karl has been instructed on several high profile civil fraud disputes, such as Autonomy v Lynch (2019) and an ongoing multi-million pound fraud claim concerning the sale of mini-bonds to consumer investors. Commercial litigation is a mainstay of Karl’s practice: recent instructions include General Electric Company v AI Alpine US Bidco Inc  EWHC 45 (Ch). Karl is also developing an established offshore practice, having been instructed (as sole counsel) on cases in the BVI, the Isle of Man and the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
- ‘International Law and Jurisdiction’ in Daniel Clarry (ed), The UK Supreme Court Yearbook, Volume 10: 2018–2019 Legal Year (Appellate Press 2021) 707 (co-authored with Jonathan Crow QC).
- Zuckerman on Civil Procedure 4th Ed. (2021) (Sweet & Maxwell) (editor)
- Loose and Griffiths on Liquidators 9th Ed. (LexisNexis 2019) (contributor)
- ‘Equity’ in Daniel Clarry (ed), The UK Supreme Court Yearbook, Volume 9: 2017–2018 Legal Year (Appellate Press 2019) 510 (co-authored with Jonathan Crow QC)
Articles and Case Notes
- Regular contributor to LexisPSL Case Analysis
- Lost luggage and judicial baggage: Harb v HRH Prince Abdul Aziz  EWCA Civ 556, (2016) CJQ 35(4) (cited in De Smith’s Judicial Review (8th Ed))
- Contributor to Practical Law Corporate: Questions for Counsel
- Lexis PSL Practice Notes concerning compulsory winding-up (co-authored with Eleanor Holland)
- Lexis PSL Practice Notes concerning creditors’ voluntary liquidation
Chancery Bar Association; COMBAR.
Queens’ College, University of Cambridge (2015) BA (Hons) Law; Christ Church, University of Oxford (2016) BCL.
Triathlon, Cycling, Golf.