Julie-Ann Elliott > Chambers of Richard Wright QC > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Chambers of Richard Wright QC Offices
Park Square Barristers
6 PARK SQUARE
- Go to...
Julie-Ann Elliott is a specialist family practitioner engaging in all areas of children work, with particular emphasis on public law proceedings and all aspects of care and adoption proceedings. She is regularly instructed on behalf of local authorities, parents, extended family and children’s guardians. She has extensive experience of proceedings at all levels up to the Court of Appeal and before the Family Division of the High Court, both with and without leading counsel.
She is regularly instructed in complex matters involving:
- Complex non-accidental injuries
- Sexual abuse
- Chronic neglect
- Physical & mental disabilities
- Drug & alcohol abuse
- Forensic computer evidence
- Extensive medical evidence
- Inter-jurisdictional issues
She has had significant involvement in advising on, and acting in, matters concerning local authority duties and challenges to local authority decision-making by way of judicial-review proceedings and claims under the Human Rights Act.
Julie-Ann accepts instructions in complex private matters, with substantial experience in:
- Disputed territorial jurisdiction
- Removal from the jurisdiction/international relocation
- Allegations of sexual abuse
- Serious domestic violence and systematic abuse including false imprisonment
- Attempted abduction
- Intractable contact disputes
- Psychological/psychiatric evidence.
North Eastern Circuit
University of East Anglia & University of Leiden, LLB (EUR) Hons (2.1)
University of Northumbria, BVC (Very Competent)