Jane Hodgson > Chambers of Rachel Sleeman > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Five Paper Offices
FIVE PAPER BUILDINGS, TEMPLE
- Go to...
Prior to becoming a barrister, Jane was an officer in the Royal Navy when she gained valuable experience of working under pressure. Her practical approach to problem solving coupled with her calm and sensitive manner make her ideally suited to dealing with vulnerable clients. She is also highly sought after by landlords seeking pragmatic solutions to difficult cases.
Jane has a broad housing/landlord and tenant practice with considerable experience in the following areas: anti-social behaviour, homelessness, security of tenure and succession rights, disrepair and unlawful eviction. Jane’s practice also covers: service charge disputes, boundary disputes, rights of way and trusts of land cases.
Jane is a direct access barrister (she is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public).
- R (on the application of Faizi) v Brent London Borough Council  EWHC 2449 (Admin)
- James v Chircop Queen’s Bench Division, 29 October 2014 (unreported).
- Holden & Co LLP v Eastborne BC  EWHC 2306 (QB).
- Soor v LB Redbridge  EWHC 1239 (Admin);  RVR 129 (see www.bailii.org).
- ZN, BB, JHS v LB Redbridge (HB)  UKUT 0503 (AAC).
- R (on the application of (1) Kelly (2) Mehari (3) JI) v Birmingham City Council  EWHC 3240 (Admin) (see www.bailii.org).
- Accent Peerless Ltd v (1) Patricia Kingsdon (2) Karen Kingsdon  EWCA Civ 1314 (see www.bailii.org).
Called 2000; Lincoln’s Inn. Publications include ‘Harassment and Anti-social Behaviour Title of Atkin’s Court Forms (2nd ed, vol 21 2006 issue).
Constitutional and Administrative Law Bar Association; Property Bar Association; Social Housing Law Association; London Common Law and Chancery Bar Association.
Trent Polytechnic, Nottingham (1987 BSc Hons, combined studies in science); University of the West of England (1999 postgraduate diploma in law (merit)); 2000 postgraduate diploma BVC (very competent)).
Ballet, singing, walking and travel.