Nicholas Brent > Druces LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Druces LLP Offices
- Go to...
Partner in and Head of the Real Estate Department. Nick is experienced in all aspects of Commercial Property. Nick is also a member of the City of London Law Society and Land Law sub Committee.
Halls – trainee 1978-80; qualified 1980; Halls – assistant solicitor 1980-82; Penningtons – assistant solicitor 1982-85; Asshetons – assistant solicitor 1985-88; Asshetons – partner 1988-93; Manches – partner 1993-2002; Druces LLP (formerly Druces & Attlee) – partner 2002 to present.
Cambridge Grammar School; Manchester University LLB Hons 1977.
Druces LLP, which is particularly renowned for its work in the corporate occupier arena, has recently guided a number of landlords and tenants through rental renegotiations as a result of Covid-19. Department head Nicholas Brent runs a broad practice, with a particular emphasis on supporting occupiers on their development projects. The other key partner in the team is the ‘excellent’ Adrian Footer, who is principally active in the hospitality and leisure sectors.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Finance > Islamic finance
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency