Dominic Traynor > Druces LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Druces LLP Offices
- Go to...
Corporate and Commercial
Dominic is a Partner in Druces’ Corporate and Commercial team, specialising in equity capital markets including listings and takeovers, M&A, corporate finance and general corporate law. Dominic has acted on more than 20 AIM-admissions and numerous standard listings, reverse takeovers, acquisitions, joint ventures and secondary fundraisings, with a particular focus on the mining and oil and gas sectors.
Ronaldsons LLP: Trainee Solicitor 1998-2000; 2000-2018 (partner 2007).
note: Ronaldsons merged with Druces LLP in April 2018.
Druces LLP: 2018-present
Kings School, Grantham; University College, Durham University (LLB) 1997; College of Law 1998.
Dominic’s hobbies include running and skiing.
Druces LLP has a long history of involvement in the mining and banking sectors across Africa, Turkey, India, China and Latin America. It acts for a diverse range of clients in the natural resources sector, including Kibo Energy, Savannah Resources and Katoro Gold, as well as financial clients including the Bank of London and the Middle East, and Bank of China. Dominic Traynor leads the practice, which leverages Christopher Axford‘s broad-ranging finance expertise, which includes advising on shariah-compliant structures. New head of banking and finance, senior associate Antony Cotton, is a frequent adviser to investment funds.
Druces LLP‘s varied workload includes a mix of standard/AIM/Aquis Exchange listings, dual listings, placings and company takeovers. Dominic Traynor heads up the practice, which is noted for its sizeable international client base. Traynor has a wealth of experience in acting for mining and energy companies. He works closely with senior associate Jack Kemmish, who has notable expertise in acting for international oil and gas exploration and production companies. The duo recently acted for MAST Energy Developments Plc on its placing, issuance of advisers’ shares and admission of the enlarged share capital to the Official List of the London Stock Exchange.
Druces LLP has a long-established history in the mining sector and is skilled at handling high-end transactions, backed by its natural resources capital markets team. The team advises AIM-listed clients on corporate mandates including equity capital raisings, substantial takeovers and debt securities listings. Practice head Dominic Traynor has a focus on capital markets and has over a decade of experience advising an international client base, particularly in Latin America and Africa. Senior associate Jack Kemmish advises clients on IPOs on AIM, reverse takeovers and equity capital raisings.
- Emerging markets - London > Industry focus
- Equity capital markets – small-mid cap - London > Corporate and commercial
- Mining and minerals - London > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Finance > Islamic finance
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency