Suzanne Middleton Lindsley > Druces LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Druces LLP Offices
- Go to...
Suzanne Middleton Lindsley
Partner in the Real Estate department.
She has broad experience in commercial property, most notably in investment, development and property finance. She also has experience in dealing with Sharia’a compliant transactions.
Field Fisher Waterhouse – trainee 1985-87; qualified 1987; Field Fisher Waterhouse – assistant solicitor 1987-2003; Druces & Attlee – associate solicitor 2003-06; Druces LLP (formerly Druces & Attlee) – partner 2006 to present.
Roedean School; Newcastle University LLB 1981-84; Guildford Law School.
Suzanne’s outside interests include horses, country pursuits and interior design.
Druces LLP is well-known for undertaking Sharia-compliant financing matters for clients, and also acts for syndicators of investment property. The team additionally handles bespoke transactions for banks and other lenders. Christopher Axford and senior associate Antony Cotton jointly lead the real estate finance practice and both have strengths in Islamic financing. Suzanne Middleton Lindsley is also notable in the development finance space, acting for international banks, funds, syndicates and high-net-worth individuals.
‘Always attentive to the needs of its clients’, the ‘experienced, friendly and approachable‘ team at Druces LLP advises both conventional and Sharia-compliant financial institutions, corporate counterparties, and investors on transactions structured in a Sharia-compliant manner. Christopher Axford is regularly engaged in murabaha financings, as well as an increasing amount of sukuk issuances. A significant amount of this financing work relates to inbound property investments made by Middle East investors, an area that real estate specialist Suzanne Middleton Lindsley regularly works on in harness with Axford. Dual UK and Australia-qualified Antony Cotton co-heads the team alongside Axford.
At Druces LLP, the head of department, Suzanne Middleton Lindsley has a wealth of experience in high-value residential property transactions and is also adept at dealing with Sharia compliant financing issues. Gemma Wright is recommended for her work on a range of issues surrounding the sale, purchase and financing of prime residential property and off-plan developments.
- Islamic finance - London > Finance
- Residential property - London > Real estate
- Property finance - London > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Islamic finance
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Real estate > Construction: contentious