Paul Levy > Druces LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Druces LLP Offices
- Go to...
Paul is a Partner in the Private Wealth department.
His practice covers a broad range of work for UK and international families and entrepreneurs, encompassing everything from Wills and probate to the most complex tax planning. He has a particular focus on working with international clients, especially concerning trusts and other wealth structuring opportunities.
Court of Protection work forms another part of Paul’s caseload. He is experienced in advising elderly clients (Lasting Powers of Attorney, tax mitigation and the like) and in recent years has developed an expertise in handling trust and probate disputes, itself a specialist area. Paul acted for the widow, in her claim regarding her late husband’s Will, in the case of Eade v Hogg  EWHC 1057 (Ch).
Paul joined Druces in June 2017.
Paul is a member of STEP (the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners). Paul is currently a student member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists.
Under the joint leadership of Matthew Duncan and Helen Freely the able team at Druces LLP is well-placed to advise wealthy individuals, beneficiaries, executors, trustees and charities on a wide range of disputes. It has increasingly been acting in a number of disputes over the mental capacity of the testator at the time of making their last will or lifetime gifts. Newly promoted partner Paul Levy is also recommended.
Robert Macro heads the department at Druces LLP that remains a firm choice for HNW individuals for wealth planning advice. Matthew Duncan ’s expertise includes complex tax planning, trust and estate issues for UK and international HNW individuals and trustees with a particular emphasis on entrepreneurial and family businesses. Helen Freely does a broad range of private client work including tax, trust and probate work as well as advising charities. Estelle Tague was recently promoted to the partnership as was Paul Levy .
- Rising stars - London > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - London > Private client
- Contentious trusts and probate - London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Islamic finance
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Real estate > Construction: contentious