Joseph Bryan > Chambers of Gavin Mansfield KC > London, England > Barrister Profile
Littleton Chambers Offices
3 KING'S BENCH WALK NORTH, TEMPLE
- Go to...
Ranked as a leading junior (tier 3) in employment law, Joseph practises in a broad range of employment, sports and commercial disputes, as well as acting in cases at the intersection of these areas, including business protection. He regularly appears, led and as sole counsel, in the Employment Tribunals and in the civil and appellate courts. He is developing particular specialisms in employment disputes involving complex discrimination and whistleblowing claims for both claimants and respondents. These have included high-value pregnancy and maternity discrimination claims brought by senior executives. Recent appellate cases include:
- Connor v Chief Constable of the South Yorkshire Police  EAT 42
- Lasdas v Vanquis Bank plc  EAT 198
- Tyne and Wear Passenger Transport Executive (t/a Nexus) v National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers  ICR 148 (permission to appeal to the Supreme Court granted)
- Pubbi v Your-Move.co.uk  EAT 96
He also sits as a Chair of the Football Association’s National Serious Case Panel.
Before his career at the Bar, Joseph gained undergraduate and master’s degrees in Modern Languages and worked in both France and Germany. He was ranked in the top three students in his law conversion course cohort and went on to be graded Outstanding in his Bar exams.
- 2015: BPTC: Outstanding
- 2014: GDL: Distinction
- 2012: MSt Modern Languages (University of Oxford): Distinction
- 2011: BA (Hons) Modern Languages (Durham University): First Class