Elizabeth Lindesay > Chambers of Gavin Kealey QC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
7 King's Bench Walk Offices
7 King's Bench Walk
- Go to...
Barrister practising across a wide range of areas of commercial law, with particular emphasis on insurance and reinsurance, aviation, professional negligence and civil fraud. Some highlights include:
- Dana Petroleum (E&P) Ltd v. Zurich Insurance PLC and Ors, representing the oil and gas company in its £30 million claims against its insurers
- Deslauriers v Guardian Asset Management Limited  UKPC 34 in the Privy Council, acting on behalf of the successful Respondent lender, in a case concerning the scope of a lender’s duty to advise borrowers
- Ardila Investment NV v ENRC NV  EWHC 2180;  EWHC 1667, a US$285 million SPA dispute involving allegations of fraud
- Defending aviation liability insurers against a US$30 million claim
- AB Orlen Lietuva v Aon UK Ltd, a US$100 million professional negligence claim against the insurance brokers, involving a 4 week Commercial Court trial, which settled towards the end of trial
Called 2009, Gray’s Inn.
COMBAR; BILA; London Shipping Law.
BA History and Modern Languages (First class, top in the year), Pembroke College, Oxford (2006)
Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction, second in the year), City University (2007)
BVC (Outstanding), Inns of Court School of Law (2008)
LL.M., Harvard (2009)