Jamie is a specialist barrister in commercial crime, criminal litigation, and global investigations into fraud, bribery, corruption, and other serious corporate wrongdoing. His cases invariably comprise concurrent criminal, civil and regulatory investigations and litigation across multiple jurisdictions. Jamie has, for over a decade, practiced almost exclusively in this sector. He is instructed by the principal prosecution agencies and premier white-collar defence solicitors. His practice is in leading cases which involve the UK Serious Fraud Office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, the Financial Services Authority, Treasury Solicitors, the National Crime Agency and the Specialist Fraud Division of the Crown Prosecution Service.
Jamie was one of the foremost lawyers who, as counsel, was instrumental in the establishment and success of the civil tax fraud and specialist investigations and litigation team at HMRC. He provided advice, frequently at policy level, on the development of HMRC’s investigation and litigation strategy for international tax fraud. He oversaw, and continues to be instructed in, a series of complex civil cases worth over £1 billion to the UK Treasury. He is currently retained in cases involving alleged tax evasion, tax avoidance and tax fraud for HMRC.
Jamie is also presently instructed in a number of cases for the SFO involving fraud, bribery, corruption and money laundering at publicly listed corporations.
- Call 2005
- SFO Prosecution Panel A (2017-current)
- SFO Proceeds of Crime Panel A (2017-current)
- CPS HQ Panel Advocate Level 2 (2010-18)
- CPS HQ Specialist Panel for Serious and Organised Crime Level 2 (2010-18)
- CPS HQ Specialist Panel for Fraud Level 2 (2010-18)
- Exceptional Designation by the Attorney General to Conduct Tax and Civil Litigation (2008-2018)
- National Security Check (SC) Cleared (2015-current)
- Direct Access Qualified (2012-current)
- University of Bristol, LL.B. (Hons.), Law, 2.1 (2002)
- Inns of Court School of Law, Bar Vocational Course, PGDip, Law, 2.1 (2004)
- Member and Major Scholar of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple (2004)
- Fraud Lawyers Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Criminal Bar Association
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers