Mr Tom Forster QC > Red Lion Chambers > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Red Lion Chambers Offices
Red Lion Chambers
18 RED LION COURT
- Go to...
Mr Tom Forster QC
Tom Forster QC is commended as “a really intelligent and diligent silk who gains the trust of judges with his thoroughness and commitment to a case. He is an excellent choice for the weightier matter, as he can lead a team and drive a case forward.” in the internationally recognised legal directory Chambers and Partners UK [2021 edition]. He achieved the rank of Silk in 2018 and is a contributing editor to Archbold and sits as a Recorder.
Tom specialises in the fields of financial and serious organised crime, human rights, public law and regulatory law. He brings his invaluable career experience of acting for all sides – claimants, defendants and prosecuting authorities – to the following practice areas:
- Financial crime: regularly instructed across a wide range of business crime cases including complex tax evasion, corruption [DPA Agreements], insider dealing, cartels and money laundering including professionals’ obligations under AML Regulations. Expert in the field of the recovery of the proceeds of crime with a particular emphasis on restraint and civil recovery. Clients include companies, banks, senior executives, traders, bankers, solicitors, regulators and prosecutors.
- Serious crime: expert in serious organised crime investigated by the SFO, NCA, FCA, and HMRC with an extensive track record in homicide cases including corporate manslaughter and gross negligence manslaughter.
- Regulatory law: as a panellist on the A-G’s Regulatory List developed an excellent track record in fatality cases arising in the sphere of health and safety at work prosecutions. Also renowned for his work in the sphere of environmental protection including civil enforcement measures.
- Human rights and public law: considerable experience conducting judicial review challenges in the criminal justice sphere, in addition to extensive practice as an A-G Panel appointed Special Advocate in civil cases involving issues of national security.
- Professional Discipline: excellent track record in advising upon and representing clients before regulatory tribunals. He is regularly instructed by the General Medical Council (GMC) and Bar Standards Board (BSB) amongst others.
Silk 2018 Year of call: 1993 Inn: Inner 2010: Attorney-General re-appointed Tom as a Special Advocate (SIAC); 2011: CPS Panel grade 4: Fraud, Asset Recovery, Organised Crime Panels; 2012: A-G Regulatory List Panel B; 2012: Appointed a Recorder of the Crown Court; 2013: SFO A Panel
Memberships held: Criminal Bar Association, Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers, ALBA, South Eastern Circuit
Current directorships: 5KBW Ltd Publications of note: Fraud: Practice and Procedure (Lexis Nexis)
Merchant Taylors’ School London School of Economics LLB (2.1): 1998-91