Robert Dacre > Chambers of Jonathan Laidlaw QC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Chambers of Jonathan Laidlaw QC Offices
2 Hare Court
- Go to...
Robert specialises in defence and prosecution, as well as professional discipline, extradition, regulatory law, inquests and public inquiries. Following a secondment at the Environment Agency, he specialises in cases involving environmental offences.
He has been acted a junior counsel in cases involving terrorism, historic child abuse and the large-scale importation of drugs. In his own right he has been instructed across the full range of criminal offences, and has represented corporate clients and individuals alike. He has appeared in the Court of Appeal and the High Court.
His extradition practice has involved advocacy in the Magistrates’ Court and High Court, over a range of issues: from Article 8, to Romanian prison conditions, to abuse of process.
Robert enjoys a busy practice defending and prosecuting for professional regulators, and has been instructed in relation to proceedings before the NMC, the ACCA, the RICA and the NCTL.
Middle Temple, CBA, HSLA, YFLA
- 2013: BPTC, City Law School
- 2012: Queen Mother Scholarship, Middle Temple
- 2012: BA (Hons) Law, Magdalene College, Cambridge
- 2011: Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple
- 2010: BA (Hons) History (First), Exeter College, Oxford
- 2009: Simon Pointer Prize for History
- 2008: Ellison Scholarship