Jonathan Kinnear KC > Chambers of Jonathan Laidlaw KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
2 Hare Court Offices
2 Hare Court
- Go to...
Jonathan Kinnear KC
Jonathan Kinnear KC specialises in matters of real financial complexity, representing individuals and corporate clients, as well a range of Governmental organisations, often operating in the margins where the criminal and civil law meet. He has a multi-jurisdictional practice, regularly appearing in both the Criminal and Civil Divisions of the Court of Appeal, the Crown Court, the High Court and a range of Tribunal jurisdictions, in particular in respect of tax matters.
He has been instructed in a number of the most serious and complex fraud cases over the last 20 years and is regularly instructed to provide strategic advice in advance of charge or prosecution on behalf of both the defence and the prosecution. He has particular experience in assisting clients under investigation by the SFO.
He is regularly instructed in large-scale review and investigation work, leading large teams of investigators, solicitors and counsel.
He also acts as a special advocate dealing with cases relating to national security and has particular expertise in relation to disclosure issues.
Year of Call 1994 (Northern Ireland 1996), Appointed King’s Counsel 2012
- Recorder of the Crown Court (authorised to try serious sex cases) 2009
- KC List for SFO Prosecution Panel & Proceeds of Crime Panel (2013 – present)
- Special Advocate appointed by the Attorney General to deal with terrorism (Special Immigration Appeals Commission) cases and complex public interest immunity (PII) issues – 2007
- Criminal Bar Association
- Revenue Bar Association
- Methodist College, Belfast
- Newcastle University LLB (Hons)
- Inns of Court School of Law
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Silks)Ranked: Tier 2
Jonathan Kinnear KC –2 Hare Court ‘Jon is a star of the Bar. Brilliant on his feet, engaging with clients, navigates difficult legal and practical issues with ease and very accessible. Solicitors are grateful for the superb all round service he delivers. ’